Collective Tools was started by a team of experienced developers, system administrators and organizers, tired of relying on big tech for storing our personal data.
With Collective Tools you stay in control of your data, with secure open source software, but without the hassle of having to install or maintain it yourself.
The cloud services we provide are easy to use and highly reliable, and you can rest assured that we pay our taxes, don’t exploit your personal information, don’t take money from Saudi Arabia and don’t lobby against climate regulations.*
Collective Tools is a platform cooperative, which means that you are not just a customer, but also a member of the cooperative and have a say in the running of the company.
Collective Tools was founded in 2019 and now has members in Europe, North and South America and Japan. We are welcoming new members and contributors from all over the world to join us in creating the future of digital services and an internet that works for all of us!
Support Collective Tools
To support Collective Tools, please consider becoming a member or supporting member. You can also make a donation through Open Collective or Coinbase.
While our core tasks like system administration and support are done by paid staff, we rely on voluntary work to grow and reach more people.
We are currently looking for volunteers to help out with:
- Social media strategy and posting
- Illustrations and graphic design
- Translation of this website to more languages
- Development of integrations between our different services
* Google avoids paying taxes and are according to Amnesty International a threat to basic human rights. Microsoft is lobbying against climate regulations together with the oil industry. Slack has taken huge investments from Saudia Arabia’s national oil fund.